Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Perils of an Online Life

I've been pretty open about my life in this blog. I try to share as much of my life as I can here for a couple of reasons: 1) to practice being more visible, and 2) to allow you to know me a little better.

When I found Zaadz nearly a year ago, I thought it was a cool idea and a great way to have some community with people who share similar interests (Buddhism, integral, and so on). I saw it as another way to be more visible in the world, to be more authentic with people who share some of my values, and as a place to explore my ever-fluid identity.

I encouraged Kira to join Zaadz as well, and she did. While I am glad that she has found some community there as well, now that we are not together any longer it feels strange.

I knew that she would one day begin seeing other people -- and, at some point, that I will, too. And I sincerely hope she finds someone who meets all of her needs and wants in a partner. But I certainly didn't expect to be reading about her efforts to create the intention needed to manifest that relationship. That was a lot of fun.

I guess this is one of the drawbacks of having a life that bleeds over into the online world. A small part of me regrets encouraging Kira to join Zaadz, but mostly I simply accept that this is how things are now.


No comments: