Thursday, July 26, 2007

Gratitude 7/26/07

Some things I am grateful for today:

1) Great workout today. I am always grateful when my body feels good when its pushed to its limits. Which, I guess, is a way of saying I am grateful for my health.

2) I found this cool variation on the Peanuts characters by Charles Bukowski. This is definitely not for children. But it's funny and sad in a way only Bukowski could have envisioned these characters. The main character is a sort of hybrid between Charlie Brown and Charles Bukowski -- Charles Branaski. Here's a sample:

Schroeder

Schroeder played the piano and all of the girls loved him. They would sit there for hours and watch him play. Schroeder had a big old cock, too, and the girls loved that just as well. The times Schroeder wasn’t playing one instrument, he was playing the other. He would play the piano all day and screw all night and he got maybe an hour or two of sleep. He came into the bar one afternoon and took a seat next to Charlie.

“You’re looking sort of beat there, baby,” Charlie said.

“You don’t know the half of it,” said Schroeder. “It’s these girls. They’ll kill me one of these days. They just won’t quit, Branaski! Every time I think I might get some sleep, here comes another one, pounding at my door. It’s enough to drive me mad.”

“I bet Beethoven never had these problems.”

“Beethoven probably had the clap,” said Schroeder.

They sat and drank their beers and talked about women.

“There’s Lucy and Violet. They’re some real pieces of work, Branaski. They don’t get jealous of each other and sometimes one will come over while I’ve still got the other one in the sack! It’s not like Frieda. I think that Frieda would kill me if she ever found another woman over. It’s nothing but trouble, all the time. More trouble than it’s worth, I can tell you that much.”

And Charlie said, “Maybe you should just give it up.”

Schroeder laughed and clapped Charlie on the back.

“I could never give up women for the same reason I could never give up the piano, Charlie Branaski: I’m just too damn good.”

3) I love my job -- I am grateful for that and for my clients. What are you grateful for?


No comments: