Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Obama Is the Democratic Nominee


For a while, I though this day was never going to arrive. I'm glad it's over, and I'm glad that Obama is the Democratic nominee. Here are a few of this morning's news stories.

It's worth mentioning that in my informal look at the news stories this morning, I see about a 60/40 split with more stories about Hillary Clinton than about the fact that Barack Obama is the first candidate of color to front a major party in a presidential campaign. Go figure.

New York Times: Obama Claims Nomination; First Black Candidate to Lead a Major Party Ticket
CNN: Obama's potential running mates
New York Times: Next on Agenda Is Clinton’s Role
BBC: Obama claims Democratic victory

For a slightly different point of view, Vanity Fair took a look at Bill Clinton recently, an article he claims was written by a "slimy" reporter: Bubba Trouble - The Comeback Id. I used to like Bill a lot, but this sounds about right to me.


No comments: