Friday, December 17, 2010

Bonnitta Roy - An Integral Manifesto, Part II

A week or so ago, I posted Part I of Bonnitta Roy's Integral Manifesto. Here is Part II, in several sections. I will post the other two parts in the coming week(s). In my opinion, this collection of posts should be must reading for anyone interested in the future of integral theory.

I have been inspired by these articles to go to the source and read Hannah Arendt for myself - I admit that I knew nothing of her work before Bonnitta's posts, so I have some learnin' to do.

Integral Manifesto Pt II(1): Intersubjective Fields

Books Discussed in this Section The IHDP working paper at http://www.ihdp.uni-bonn.de/html/publications/workingpaper/wp02m.htm Hannah Arendt (1958) The Human Condition, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago Introduction Consider again the proposition of this manifesto The fundamental encounter of subject-to-subject in a shared subjective … Continue reading

* * * * *

Integral Manifesto Pt II(2): Subjects and Surrogates/ The I-Thou

Books Discussed in this Section Martin Buber (2008) I and Thou, Hesperides Press Hannah Arendt (1958) The Human Condition, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago Bonnitta Roy (2006) A Process Model of Integral Theory, from Integral Review Journal, Issue 3 at … Continue reading

* * * * *

Integral Manifesto Pt II(3): Subjects & Surrogates / Intersubjectivity- A Timely Interjection

Books Discussed in this Section Sean Hargens , Intersubjective Musings: A Response to Christian de Quincey’s “The Promise of Integralism” retrieved from http://wilber.shambhala.com/html/watch/042301_i.cfm Pauli Pylkko (1998) The Aconceptual Mind. John Benjamins Pub. Co. Philadelphia Bonnitta Roy (2006) A Process … Continue reading

* * * * *

Integral Manifesto Pt II(4): Subjects & Surrogates / Power, Tolerance and Democracy

Books Discussed in this Section Pauli Pylkko (1998) The Aconceptual Mind. John Benjamins Pub. Co. Philadelphia Such musings concerning micro-scales of intersubjectivity offer a diverse range of hypotheses on the nature of power, tolerance and democracy, and their roles with … Continue reading

No comments: