Friday, May 11, 2012

TEDxCalgary - Louise Gallagher - Lessons in Love: How Volunteering Saved My Life

I often encourage my clients (both therapeutic and personal training) to make time to volunteer if at all possible. There is something very healing about giving of ourselves to serve others. I just had this conversation with a client the other day.


So it seems a bit of synchronicity that Louise Gallagher sent me an email to let me know about her talk at TEDxCalgary on how volunteering saved her life. She is the author of The Dandelion Spirit (available through her blog).




TEDxCalgary - Louise Gallagher - Lessons in Love: How Volunteering Saved My Life
Louise Gallagher has a remarkable personal story that has turned tragic circumstances into a life filled with passion and joy. Her book The Dandelion Spirit was turned into a documentary for the Oprah Network and has touched people's lives across North America.

Louise's work at the Calgary Drop-In Centre includes inspiring efforts like the development of the Possibilities Project that uses art in its many forms to keep people of the streets.

She has the soul of a warrior poet and her story is transformative.

No comments: